Coastal Cleanup Day 2018 Patch
Reward your Scout Troop or Tribe's hard work at the cleanup with this year's patch! Click here to complete the patch order form! You must have event registration verification to qualify for a patch.
Bling Your Bucket Contest
I Love A Clean San Diego is continuing the Bling Your Bucket art contest for all ages that encourages participants to use their creativity and imagination to learn why it is important to keep our waterways, beaches, and ocean free from marine littler. Winners will receive great prizes and have their picture posted on this website for one year! Adults are encouraged to participate as well!
Coastal Cleanup Day Sony Photo Contest
Participating Coastal Cleanup Day volunteers throughout the county can enter into an opportunity drawing to win fun prizes throughout the county. You must enter your name, email with which you registered under, your site, and the prize of choice. Winners will be announced after Coastal Cleanup Day! Enter here.
Woodstock's Pizza discounts
After Coastal Cleanup Day on September 15th, volunteers can head to their local Woodstock's (in Pacific Beach or near SDSU) where up to 25% of all sales will be donated to I Love A Clean San Diego--just make sure to mention I Love A Clean San Diego or show them this flyer.
San Diego Padres ticket discount
Volunteers can purchase discounted tickets to the San Diego Padres game for Coastal Cleanup Day Volunteer Appreciation Night on Monday, September 17th! Registered volunteers will receive discount and purchasing instructions via email.
Available exclusively for you via the Shack App, snag a Shake off your next in app purchase of $10+ by entering promo code "ILACSD" at checkout. Offer available at all San Diego locations from September 15th to October 1st. Create Your Own Sand Sifter In addition to decorating your own bucket, you can further emphasize REUSE by decorating your own milk jug to use at the cleanup. You can simply decorate and bring a milk jug, or create your own milk jug sand sifter to remove the smaller pieces of plastic and those pesky cigarette butts out of the sand at your cleanup site. Help us practice the 3 R's, Recycle, Reduce, Reuse at this year's Coastal Cleanup Day by following the milk jug sand sifter project below.
- Plastic milk gallon or water jug
- Duct tape
- One piece of window screen (most hardware stores have screen)
- Wash and dry plastic jug
- Cut off the top of the jug in an oval shape without cutting off the jug's handle. It is best to cut the jug on a stable surface to prevent any accidents.
- Place the 6x6 inch screen on top of the hole. Carefully tape the screen with duct tape to the jug, securing the screen as tightly as possible to the jug.
- Cut out the bottom of the jug and put tape around all the edges. (To cover all sharp edges)
- Clean the beach! You are now ready to filter small bits of plastic, cigarette butts and other kinds of plastic by scooping sand and sifting it through the wire screen. You can now find all the trash hidden