WHAT A SUCCESS!
Thank you to the thousands of volunteers who joined us at Coastal Cleanup Day! We estimated over 7,000 volunteers joined in at 106 sites to collect over 130,000 pounds of debris.
Please check out all the available contests and volunteer perks for our awesome volunteers below and on the Event Info page.
Thank you to our generous sponsors and partners without whom, the event would not be possible!
What is a site captain?
Our site captains lead an individual site on the day of the event. ILACSD provides training, cleanup supplies, additional volunteer outreach, website coordination for registration, and hauling for the trash and debris collected.
Before the event, site captains are responsible for communicating with our team via email/phone, picking up cleanup supplies from our office - either at one of our site captain training dates (highly encouraged for newer site captains) or at another time before the event.
Some duties include:
- Leading volunteers day of - coordinating waiver signing, providing cleanup supplies, safety speech, etc.
- Choose and scout cleanup location
- Locate where the dumpster should be on-site, if necessary, within ILACSD's deadlines
- Report back totals and accomplishments to ILACSD by 12pm the day of the event
- Return supplies within a timely manner to ILACSD at celebration party or at our officesIf you are interested, please reach out to Lauren Short at firstname.lastname@example.org locations needed. The deadline to be a site captain is July 11th, 2018!